Monday, March 26, 2007

El laberinto del fauno

Aforementioned,we watched Pan's Labyrinth.I thought Perfume was already showing,but apparently not.I wasn't too thrilled that it was in freakin' Spanish but there seriously wasn't anything else to watch.



Anyway,since Rhema & Melvin didn't even bother to pay attention and were yapping themselves away.Ronald & I were sitting there reading the subtitles and getting the story.

The movie got awards for :
Academy
- Best Cinematography
- Best Art Direction
- Best Make Up
BAFTA
- Best Foreign Language Film
- Best Costume Design
- Best Make Up & Hair

Impressing huh?

At the beginning of the movie,when the credits first popped up in Spanish,an audible handful of people actually laughed out loud.I have no idea why.Through out the movie,I kept smacking my head whenever I heard Melvin & Rhema gibbering every silent scene in the movie.& she actually dared to comment on how terrible the movie was when she didn't even bother to concentrate on it(millions of exclamation marks inserted 'cause I'm too lazy to press Shift and 1 so many times.)

Since I'm so nice to Rhema,I shall summarize it for her :

It's about this ball-zy girl named Ofelia.

Her.

That supposedly bestows the spirit of the Princess of the Underworld.It was during the Civil War,Rhema.It's not about politics.One fine day,she found this praying mantis that's actually a Fairy.Hahaha.Ok,I sound like a nutcase.I'm just going to put up pictures from the movie.I'm not that nice afterall.


Crazy Mofo that kills for fucks.He gets stabbed and cheek slashed open in the end.
Woohoo.



I was expecting the eyeballs to go in those 2 nostrils on his face instead of his hands.
I found it pretty retarded when this Hansel & Gratel demon chased Ofelia while stretching his hands out.Use your imagination.

In the end,Ofelia dies and somehow returns to the Underworld 'cause she sacrificed herself instead of her newborn brother.It didn't make much sense to me since the Underworld looked like all butterflies and sunshine.


Underworld?uh,sure.

& she does all these good hearted deeds,how is it possible for her to be reigning the underworld.
I think the movie must be satanic in an euphemised way.I enjoyed how gruesome and insane the storyline was although it didn't really make much sense to me & reading the subtitles were an absolute drag.

I just expected more.


Boo-hoo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lorddamnnit , i just wanna watch freakin` perfume .
grrr . and i DID pay attention when Melvin was sleeping okay . the movie didnt make sense . Bitch .

Now bye <33 .