Sunday, March 14, 2010

The day my life began ♥♥


24 hours after landing in Gold Coast,i packed my bags with THREE cameras and headed to Brisbane with Hanne for the day i shall forever remember as the day my life began. I hadn't slept from the night before nor did i have a chance to recuperate from the horrible flight i had to endure, i left my apartment to meet Hanne at the train station at 7AM.

The train was FILLED with people who looked like they were going for Soundwave(which they were). We made friends with a few Taking Back Sunday fans who were only going to see TBS,as was I! The train ride was quite painful too. No seats were available,we had to stand that two hours it took to reach RNA Showgrounds in Bowen Hills.

As soon as we reached RNA Showgrounds,we checked out where the stages were then we went to get FOOOOOOOODDD. Hot dogs never tasted yummier.






I knew that there were signings going on but i didn't know WHO was doing signings. After checking the tent, i saw TAKING BACK SUNDAY/ THE ALMOST. I freaked out and immediately lined up.



Lining up.......was ohmy. Hanne and i lined up for nearly an hour in the HOT SUN! Thank god SW Patrol came around with Sunblock and water spritzers!
After about 45 minutes of lining up, SW helpers came around the line holding signs for which artists had run outta signing tickets. I started freaking out majorly.
I was about..5 people away from buying my tickets when i heard " Taking Back Sunday tickets 3 left!"
I swear i could feel tears coming. I crossed my fingers and thank you JESUS, i got the last motherfucking TBS ticket! I managed to get The Almost tickets too!

After that, we rushed to TBS' stage.
About ten minutes after we got there, i turned around and...


PACKED!


I was kinda amused by these guys. Kinda pity the guy at the bottom,had to withstand the weight of TWO people on him.

After about..45 minutes of waiting. The most glorious sound was heard.....the beginning to Cute Without The E!!!!
I grabbed Hanne's hand and pushed my way infront-er(ha). The moshpit was INSANE.
I've never been moved so much in a moshpit,EVER.

TAKING BACK FUCKIN` SUNDAY








Adam Lazzara, you are.............i don't think i can even find words to express what i felt when he sang or when he hung from the whateveryoucall it during MakeDamnSure.
They were SO energetic! Sang the most awesome songs. Adam did his legendary mic-swinging. Oh my GOD. I still can't believe i was there. After watching them live, i started getting super pumped up for Sydney!

Amazing. Fucking amazing.
Taking Back Sunday

Fuckin` Ace.

TBS' signing was right after their performance, so we rushed to the signing tent. Aaaaaaaaaaaa!
Adam was SO awesome! He was SO nice. I got my shirt signed! I didn't get pictures,YET :p
Saw him walking around the MacBeth tent a few hours later and i managed to snag a super sweet picture. I can't move it up for some reason, so it's somewhere at the bottom of this post.
I'll take a picture of my shirt sometime soon..when i can be fucked,haha.


I don't remember the performances in chronological order,so yeah.


THE ALMOST!



They signed my shirt too. Aaron G is SO adorable in real life. Jay was so nice! He spoke the most among all of em. When i asked Aaron for a picture, he warned me in advance," I feel funny today, so i'm going to make a funny face",to which i just giggled to nervously. Hahaha. It's a really cute picture of him though.

JIMMYEATWORLD!

JEW's performance was pretty goddamn impressive. MCR was originally supposed to play Soundwave but was replaced by Jimmy Eat World. Smart move.



Enter Shikari!

I didn't stay for the entire set because someone else was performing at the same time ..can't remember who but yeah. I stayed for Sorry You're Not a Winner and Mothership. Haha,fucking awesome songs!


Lou jumped into the crowd about a bajillion times.

Paramore!

I've been a Paramore fan since All We Know Is Falling came out, NOT RIOT like all you other followers .___. So annoying.

BTW, who told YOU about Paramore huh? Pseudo.




Hayley was a fireball on stage. So adorable. She kept jumping around,dancing,headbanging. She definitely made the performance WAAAY more enjoyable. I watched her in awe as she jumped around and still maintained a perfect pitch. Respect. Didn't really manage to get proper pictures of Taylor :( He was all the way at the other end of the stage. I managed to get screen shots though. I'll just put up the one i like best :)

ALEXISONFIRE!



Whoa. Alexisonfire's performance was damn impressive! Young Cardinals was AMAZING. Hanne and I squeeeezed through every little hole we found to make it right infront! Haha, pretty good effort la :p


Architects & Dance Gavin Dance(left).




I really think people were extra high for Architects. The mosh pictured on the right was.. yeah. Hanne and i just stayed back watching all of em`. DGD was..alright live. Energetic but..yeah not as impressive as i hoped they'd be.


JANE'S ADDICTION

Dave Navarro is fucking SEX. I don't really care for JA's music but i LOVE Dave N.

So..i stayed and watched in lust





Placebo

I wasn't too fond of Placebo at first. Don't really know why, but after hearing R.U.T.H, i was hooked.

I love Steve







TRIVIUM
We went to the second half of Trivium's performance. Gunshot was...damnnn son! Some guy in the crowd gave me his beach chair to stand on to take pictures of Trivum for Nazrin. ThankYOU,whoever you are :)




Matt threw a bunch of picks which i tried catching for again,Nazrin but ended up yelling at some random girl next to me who pushed my hand -__- What a bitch ok. Bitch.



Escape the Fate , AFI , and HIM.






Hanne and i were so tired after Soundwave. We saw a few more performances but all my camera's died on me after awhile. So we left to our hotel to freshen up before hitting Soundwave's After Party!

It's still so so surreal to me that i got to witness almost all of my favourite bands perform. I'm definitely loving 2010 so far.




Taking Back Sunday
The Almost
Trivium
Eagles of Death Metal
HIM
Enter Shikari
Alexisonfire
Sunny Day Real Estate
AFI
Placebo
Escape the Fate
Jane's Addiction
Paramore
Architects
Dance Gavin Dance
Jimmy Eat World


; THANK YOU ♥

The After Party was pretty meh for the first 4 hours. All Time Low was spinning. The only reason Hanne and I went was for Taking Back Sunday cuz they were SUPPOSED to spin,but didn't for some reason. I only managed to see Eddie walking around The Continental the entire night. I was so nervous about asking him for a picture,but finally got the balls to after he had his 10000th smoke.
I managed to mutter a few words about how big a fan i am of Taking Back Sunday and that i'm from Malaysia and some other really random stuff. Then .. as i was walking away he called after me and asked if i wanted a drink.

I stared at Hanne and she stared at me. Our faces were like WHUUUUUT. OBVIOUSLY we said okay and went back inside to drink with Eddie. What a tremendously sweet dude.

He bought us BOTH drinks and he repeated a few times how he thought it was really cool that i ditched home a few days earlier in order to make it back for TBS' performance.
How i love you Eddie! We hung out with Eddie until he had to leave for his 6AM flight. I think i slapped myself a bunch of times after that because I.hung.out.with.TBS's.guitarist.

I got some inside information FROM THE HORSES' MOUTH as to why TakingBackSunday's gig in Indonesia got cancelled,HEHEEEE.

Yes. Slaps self*
Eddie, you are the raddest dude ever.

And just when i thought things could NOT get any better, oh it did alright. It did. Look out for Sydney's post.





EDDIE AND ADAM HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII


No comments: