Monday, March 15, 2010

Evermore.



Surfers Paradise,Beer Garden.

Dan Hume of Evermore performed first as a solo act. He was quite amazing. Except..no one really paid him much attention :( He had this Conor Oberst feel to his solo music. I dug it. The rest of the Gold Coast crowd must've been too engrossed with drinking to give a shit.

Amy Meredith was up next! They were REALLY good. I heard B.E a really long time ago,just never registered that this was the same band.






I ended up buying their CD. Met the guitarist. I SO KNEW HE WAS IN A BAND!! I saw him walking around the bar earlier and i thought " Oh...hm. So band-like." Low and behold, guitarist summore. ^^

Evermore finally came out. We were RIGHT infront,and as usual i stood next to really drunk girls who kept dancing and hitting me and then one of them ended up breaking a glass on my foot.. yeah that was swell.
And to apologize, she grabbed my head " OH MY GOD. IM SO SORRY. ...YOU HAVE NICE HAIR. *touches hair* CAN WE TAKE A PICTURE?" I asked her why and she said she was from England and she wanted a picture of someone from Gold Coast.
..Yeah British people.

Anyway, back to Evermore.

Jon's voice was so amazing. Whenever he'd go all voicepiping on our asses i'd get goosebumps listening to him.
Dan was exceptional. I've never seen a drummer so passionate ever. He beat the shit outta those drums. The three guys did alot of instrument-swapping which was really cool.












Such a good set.So so good. After the gig, we decided to hang around and meet the band. Got to meet Jon and Peter. Dan went to the back of the venue really quick :( Peter was one of the most refreshing people ever. He indirectly hinted that Gold Coast sucked balls,and we indirectly agreed. I told him he should eat Kebabs to which he responded " SHEEESH KEBABS I LOVE EM".






Since they started playing dancey music at Beer Garden we decided to stay awhile more. I somehow dragged by a random girl who handed me off to some..guy who apparently rejected Jaki because she wasn't ethnic enough. Which is how," I like your ethnicity" came about.

White people are funny.Crazy,but funny.

Overall, a really good night :) Cept for the glass embedded in my foot.
Ugh you drunk British chicks.

















No comments: