Saturday, August 29, 2009

after the last midtown show.

I got an email, about 4 months ago from Hi-Fi, Brisbane. You know, the regular updates about who's going to play, ticketing bladiblabla. And i usually never open them, cuz ..i dont know. I just don't.

But i opened this one.

What did i find?

ANBERLIN.

What else did i find?

THE ACADEMY IS.

ON THE SAME DAY.

I bought my tickets the day after and have been looking forward to the day ever since.



I went,i saw, i had the best fucking time ever.

Who? The Academy Is + Where Wolves were Anberlin's opening acts.
Where? Brisbane. Since i live in the Coast now, i took a train about 4 hours before the gates opened. Waited for like.. 2 and a half hours for the gates to be opened.

Good lord, the wait was painful. I was so nervous! IDK why. The thought of seeing Anberlin and TAI excited/freaked/OMGOMGOMGOMG`ed me to the highest level.

Where Wolves performed first. I didn't know that A Year To Remember changed their name to Where Wolves. And that they were from Brisbane. Really swell guys. Played an awesome awesome set. I recognized some songs from their ` a year to remember ` days. awesome awesome live performance. jared's the cutest drummer ever. After the show, i met Bryce and he was super cool.

Up next..........

WILLIAMFUCKINGBECKETT .

Ohmygod.

I saw William before the show and i waved AND HE WAVED BACK *dies*. ILYILYILY.
Sisky was so adorable!

Set List :

Summer Hair = Forever Young
Slow Down
Neighbours
The Phrase That Pays
The Test
Checkmarks
After The Last Midtown Show
We've got a big mess on our hands
About a Girl.






William pointed at me !#!@$%^& I was SO CLOSE TO HIM. I managed to grab his leg and he smiled *dies dies dies dies DIES! I have so many videos of him looking DIRECTLY at my camera, fuck okay. Seriously.

He pulled Lazzara-stunts. You know, the mic swinging and throwing the mic stand around. Super enjoyable i swear. He's so talented. Sisky was AWESOME, after being sick for so long. He managed to come out and play an awesome fuckin show. TAI was...awesome.

They were SO energetic and AMAZING live. I swear it was like a dream come fucking true. I managed to record videos for TL,Pickles & Zy :)

When they finished performing i felt..so content it was insanee. I made a couple of new friends too,haha. People standing next to me who tried saving me from this insanely smelly OLD PERSON. Ick.

Anberlin was next.

They came out with a bang. A big big BANG. First song was The Resistance.
The moshing started la. I was squished TO THE DEATH ( hehe naz).

I could barely move or breathe for that matter, but then people started forming circles to mosh and i got pushed into it.So..yeah OKAY. The end results ; a huge ass bruise on my face from a crowd surfer who kicked me in the face and ripped off all my earrings on my right ear. Bruises on my arms and legs.

So.fucking.worth.it.

Anberlin's Setlist -
  • the resistance
  • whisper & a clamor
  • disappear
  • breaking
  • adelaide
  • daylate
  • paperthin hymn
  • inevitable
  • unwinding cable car
  • dismantle repair
  • godspeed
  • feel good drag
ENCORE was EPIC.

They played Fin.





Holy crapiola. The amount of lighters and people singing along and swaying. Fuck Me.

So happy<3>


- to my concertbuddy* wish you were here, really.

- ninjaaaaaafish ; i got you pretty pictures of WB :)


My concert dream list is almost complete.

In the next 5 months ; four more names will be cut off from my concert list!
The Used
TakingBackSunday ; SOUNDWAVEE!
Britney Spears
Lady Gaga

Now i need to muster up enough money for Gaga tickets.


ps:// I'm waaaaaaay tooo lazy to upload ALL the pictures. If you have me on FB ; go look for em there :)

No comments: